Monday, December 16, 2019

FEEDBACK ON LAW SCHOOLS PLEASE


It is the holidays, & I like many of you are taking some time to reflect on past decisions regarding my law education. At this point do I want to plunge into the time & expense of a four year university? NO!



historydaily.org illustration


Do I want to have the convenience of online E-learning? YES!

Do I want to expedite my training so that I can hit the pavement & work within the law industry as quickly as possible? YES!

So here is my question to you, as members of the lay public or those of you experienced in the Law profession...sometimes I refer to it as an industry because of all the ads I get for passing the LSAT, mere thousands of dollars & months at a time, or perhaps this newsletter or that newsletter with every tip I could ever need....(right).
So I have asked myself are my reasons for attending law school valid?

In general the answer is yes, I am religious but do not have any inkling or interest in evangelizing.
Do I care to make this sad, old world a better place?
Yes.

How may I do this, as a female variety of the human race & also as a proud American citizen?
1) I want to support the victims of human trafficking
2) I want to advocate for our military veterans who are committing suicide at a high rate
3) I want to support Native Peoples in honor of my great great great grandfather, (Doc)Robert Newell, the first Speaker of the House in Oregon and advocate of the tribes in Washington DC.

While I shake out my own intentions, one of which I would like to be paid a decent wage so as not to die in poverty...I was hoping some of you may care to comment on your musings as well.
Have you had experiences positive or negative with Pepperdine Law University? Concord Law from Purdue? Novus Law in the Marshall Islands? Abraham Lincoln Law University? Hillsdale  College?

Having read a wonderful resource book: The Law School Bible by Peter J. Loughlin, J.D., LL.M., it makes one wonder about the shift away from the traditional four year training into more creative methods of creating attorneys, which are rooted in American history. This overview of Apprentice programs offered by many states is an unknown option that is catching on as a viable alternative.

I would appreciate your input as I jostle through ideas of my own, which of course, have their limitations. Thank you & God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment